- Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity • 125 Science Dr., Bryan Center 100, Box 90937, Durham NC 27708-0937 • 919-684-6607 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity works towards creating a more inclusive campus climate at Duke University. We also serve and support Duke alumni/ae and the greater LGBTQ community.
- Duke LGBT Network • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • The Duke LGBT Network is an organization dedicated to serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community of the University. Our goal is to stay connected to Duke and to each other and our allies through professional networking.
- NC State GLBT Center • NCSU Campus Box 7295, Raleigh NC 27695 • 919-513-9742 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The mission of the NC State GLBT Center is to engage, develop, and empower members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities and their allies at North Carolina State University.
- NCCU LGBTA Resource Center • 1801 Fayetteville St., A.E. Student Union-G-64, Durham NC 27702 • 919-530-5545 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The LGBTA Resource Center strives to create an inclusive campus community by providing support services, educational programs, advocacy and opportunities for leadership development. We serve NCCU and the surrounding community.
- UNC Chapel Hill LGBTQ Center • SASB North, 450 Ridge Road Suite 3226, Chapel Hill NC 27599 • 919-843-5376 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The LGBTQ Center works to foster a safe, inclusive environment for UNC-Chapel Hill community members of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
- Zoe Voigt - Writing tutor • Durham NC • [email protected] • LinkedIn • Tutoring for students who want to improve their writing, or who want support for writing college application essays.
- Al-Anon • Eno River Unitarian Church. 4907 Garrett Road, Durham NC 277707 • 919-489-2575 • This is an Al-Anon meeting on Friday evenings at 6:30 for LGBTQ people whose lives are adversely affected by friends or family members who have a problem with alcohol.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous: D-Icers • 1201 N Roxboro St, Durham NC 27701 • [email protected] • Website • Crystal Meth Anonymous is a 12-Step fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they can help others to recover from addiction to crystal meth.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous: Pipe Down • 725 N Boylan Ave, Raleigh NC 27605 • [email protected] • Website • Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA) is a 12-Step fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other, so they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from addiction to crystal meth. Fridays 7:00 pm
- LaVare Leith Foundation • 1013 Sycamore Street, Durham NC 27707 • 919-627-0471 • [email protected] • Website • The LaVare Leith Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit that offers scholarships to individuals looking to enter a recovery residence or treatment facility. Scholarships are based on an application and interview process and vary in amounts.
- LaVare's House of Durham • 2544 Chapel Hill Rd, Durham NC 27707 • 919-627-0471 • [email protected] • Website • Lavare's House is an LGBT sober living house that offers offers a structured and nurturing environment for people who want a new life free of addiction.
- North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition • 336-543-8050 • [email protected] • Website • Harm reduction resources, including free overdose prevention training/naloxone access. Everyone welcome and treated with respect, including people who are actively using drugs, people who do sex work, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+.
- Q-Noon (LGBTQ AA) • 200 Hillsborough Rd, Chapel Hill NC 27510 • Q-Noon is a LGBTQ AA group. Meetings are held on Sundays at noon and Wednesdays at 7pm.
- Artspace • 201 East Davie Street, Raleigh NC • 919-821-2787 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Artspace is a visual arts center inspiring innovation through opportunities to experience the creative process and engage with artists. We believe in creating avenues whereby the public and artists can come together.
- Jeffery Beam • Golgonooza at Frog Level, 3212 Arthur Minnis Road, Hillsborough NC 27278 • 919-967-2470 • [email protected] • Website • Queer Poet, Performer, and Editor Jeffery Beam is available for readings from his work. Lambda Book Review has said: "Poet Jeffery Beam ... is surely making a space for himself on the classics shelf. [He] is one of our hidden treasures."
- Danielle Cortez aka "Blaize The Poet" • 225-810-7185 • [email protected] • Facebook • Blaize writes poetry that carries a profound appreciation for heartfelt honesty and a passion against all prejudices in powerful spoken word art form.
- The Carrack • 111 West Parrish Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-294-8605 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The Carrack's mission is to empower local artists to forge productive cultural and socio-economic ties with their community through professional exhibit and performance opportunities in a space that is not commercially driven.
- Common Woman Chorus • PO Box 51631, Durham, NC 27717 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • We're a progressive voice and vibrant musical community based in the Triangle area of NC. Since 1983, we have have provided musical productions that highlight the diversity and strength of our everyday lives and experiences.
- Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh • 409 West Martin Street, Raleigh NC 27603 • 919-261-5920 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • CAM Raleigh seeks to curate the most contemporary works of art and design possible - those still emerging, growing, and living. We hope to spark new thinking by creating ever-changing experiences that explore what's now and nearing.
- David Therrell Ballroom Dancing • 105 W Main St Loft 1, Durham NC 27701 • 919-824-3845 • [email protected] • Partnership dancing, swing, salsa, foxtrot, cha cha and more
- Durham Symphony Orchestra • PO Box 1993, Durham NC 27702 • 919-491-6576 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Enhancing Durham's rich cultural heritage, the Durham Symphony performs high quality orchestral concerts that foster accessibility and encourage the development of music appreciation and education.
- Litmus Gallery & Studios • 312 W. Cabarrus St., Raleigh NC 27601 • 919-571-3605 • [email protected] • Website • Offering opportunities for artists and art patrons. Artists can rent studio space, attend classes and workshops, and become a featured artist. Models needed on a regular basis. Patrons can find abundant art in numerous different mediums.
- Milton Studio Art Gallery • 239 Broad St, Milton NC 27305 • 434-713-1783 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Located in historic Milton, NC across from the post office. Shirley Cadmus is owner and one of 50+ NC/Va artists Raku, paintings, baskets, sculpture, much more. Fri-Sat 11-5 Sundays 1-5 or call for appt. something for everyone
- Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University • 2001 Campus Drive, Durham NC 27705 • 919-684-5135 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University promotes engagement with the visual arts among a broad community including Duke students, faculty, and staff, the greater Durham community, the Triangle region, and the national and international art community.
- Sam Peterson • 106 Hillview St, Carrboro NC 27510 • 919-909-6077 • [email protected] • Website • LinkedIn • Fine Animal and Human Portraits: Fine artist creating intensely rendered, deeply personal work from your photos or mine.
- Raleigh Little Theatre • 301 Pogue Street, Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-821-4579 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • RLT is a welcoming community using theatre to enrich, educate, entertain and engage volunteers, students, and audiences of all ages.
- Triangle Gay Men's Chorus • 514 Daniels St # 251, Raleigh NC 27605-1317 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook
- Vox Virorum Men's Chorus • [email protected] • Facebook • Twitter • Durham-based Vox Virorum is a men's choral ensemble focusing on a traditional men's glee club repertoire, musical excellence and camaraderie. ALL men, age 18 and up who love to sing, are welcome.
Bars and Nightclubs
Bars and Nightclubs
- Above & Beyond ULTRA Nightclub • 2526 Hillsborough St., Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-813-2582 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The ULTRA event venue in Raleigh, located on the top floor overlooking Hillsborough street and the NC State Library. 18+ welcome to many parties. Great drinks. See our website. A&B ULTRA features an incredible sound and light show!
- Alley Twenty Six • 320 East Chapel Hill Street Suite 101, Durham NC • 919-213-1267 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Craft Cocktail bar in Downtown Durham
- The Bar • 711 Rigsbee Ave, Durham NC • 919-956-2929 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook
- Fullsteam Brewery • 726 Rigsbee Avenue, Durham NC 27701 • 919-682-2337 • Website • Facebook • Twitter • An all-welcome brewery and tavern.
- Motorco with Parts & Labor • 723 Rigsbee Ave, Durham NC • 919-901-0875 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Motorco is an entertainment complex featuring a variety of events through-out the year and a Garage Bar/Patio serving drinks and delicious Parts & Labor food every nite.
- Social Games & Brews • 1007 West Main Street, Durham NC • 919-687-6969 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Durham's best game bar and tap room. Everything from board games to pinball, shuffleboard, vintage arcade games, skeeball, pool and darts - plus 32 taps of craft beer.
Coffee Shops and Cafes
Coffee Shops and Cafes
- Bean Traders • 105 W NC 54 Hwy Ste 249, Durham NC 27713 • 919-484-2499 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Roasting and slinging beans for the beautiful Bull City and beyond since 2000. Peace Love Bean
- Caffe Driade • 1215 East Franklin St Suite A, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-942-2333 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • An "out of the way" feel is part of why this European style Caffe is so distinct. An award winning Espresso bar, Teahouse and Wine bar. From the handcrafted espresso drinks to whole leaf tea, baked goods, a thoughtful selection of wine, beer & cigars.
- Cocoa Cinnamon • 420 W Geer St, Durham NC • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • A coffee, chocolate, tea, local treats & a bit of wine and beer community hub. We focus on craft, quality, community, and engagement.
- Respite Cafe • 115 N Duke St Suite 1A, Durham NC 27701 • (919) 294-9737 • Website • Facebook • Twitter • A coffee shop and tea house in the heart of the warehouse district offering a break from your grind!
- Weaver Street Market (Carrboro) • 101 East Weaver Street, Carrboro NC • 919-929-0010 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • We are a sustainable local food cooperative providing healthy and ecologically sound products and a diversity of community events. We are a grocery store with a coffee bar and cafe.
- Weaver Street Market (Hillsborough) • 228 S Churton Street, Hillsborough NC • 919-245-5050 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • We are a sustainable local food cooperative providing healthy and ecologically sound products and a diversity of community events. We are a grocery store with a coffee bar and cafe.
- Weaver Street Market (Southern Village) • 716 Market Street, Chapel Hill NC • 919-929-2009 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • We are a sustainable local food cooperative providing healthy and ecologically sound products and a diversity of community events. We are a grocery store with a coffee bar and cafe.
Community Support and Services
Community Support and Services
- Durham Crisis Response Center • 206 N. Dillard Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-403-6562 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • DCRC works with the community to end domestic and sexual violence through advocacy, education, support, and prevention. Services provided free of cost includng 24-hour crisis line, hospital accompaniment, and individual/support group counseling,
- El Centro Hispano • 600 E. Main St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-687-4638 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • El Centro Hispano (ECH) is a 501(c)(3) grassroots community based organization dedicated to strengthening the Hispanic/Latino community and improving the quality of life of Hispanic/Latino residents in Durham, Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding areas.
- Emerald Doulas, LLC (Doula Services and Support Groups) • 5315 Highgate Drive Suite 202, Durham NC 27713 • 919-864-8361 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Emerald Doulas is a full-service doula agency which values and supports all families, regardless of how they're created. Our doulas, educators and group leaders strive to provide a safe space for all new families and parents.
- LGBT Center of Raleigh • 324 South Harrington Street • 919-832-4484 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • To strengthen individual and community development through social and educational activities; to facilitate the incubation of supportive services and groups; and to identify needs and advocate for resources benefiting the diverse LGBT population.
- LGBTQ Center of Durham • Mailing address: 1821 Hillandale Road Suite 1B-400, Durham NC 27705-2659 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Creating Visibility. Encouraging Partnerships. Fostering Community. Standing for Justice. And just simply providing Durham with a "Family Room."
- Orange County Rape Crisis Center • 1506 East Franklin St Suite 302, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-967-7273 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The Orange County Rape Crisis Center offers survivors of sexual violence and their loved ones support through a 24/7 Help Line, referrals, accompaniment and support groups. The OCRCC also offers a support group for LGBTQ-identified survivors.
- PFLAG Triangle • 814 Dixie Trail, Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-354-2999 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • PFLAG Triangle is a volunteer organization made up of parents, family, friends, allies and lgbt individuals working together to provide support, advocacy and education for the lgbt community and public. Monthly support meetings in Raleigh and Durham
- Triangle Empowerment Center, Inc. • 1415 Holloway Street Suite B12, Durham NC 27701 • 800-806-3558 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • A non-profit organization that currently provides a variety of services to at-risk minority health disparities and anyone in crisis and in need of empowerment. This includes (but not limited to) HIV/STI testing, counseling prevention, etc.
- Wellness and Educaiton Community Action Health Network (WECAHN) • 401A North Ivey Ave, Siler City NC 27344 • 919-742-3762 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • WECAHN provides HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis C, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia testing, prevention education and HIV Case Management in 7 base counties of which Durham is one. We provide referral service to care for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Yoga for Queers and Misfits • 204-208 Rigsbee #201, Durham NC 27701 • [email protected] • Website • Donation-based, all-levels yoga for queer, trans*, gender nonconforming, and otherwise 'othered' folks.
Corporations / Employee Groups
Corporations / Employee Groups
To be listed in the Corporations / Employee Groups category, please submit a Community Resources Listing request.
- Ann C. Banes, DDS • 811 Ninth Street Ste 280, Durham NC 27705 • 919-286-9090 • Website
- Paul Coggins, DDS, MPH, PA • 1203 Ridge Road, Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-832-0168 • [email protected] • Website • General Dentistry
- Deb Conner DDS MS - Endodontist • 922 Broad St Suite B, Durham 27705 • 919-416-4200 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Durham endodontist, Deb Conner DDS MS, provides root canal treatment in a friendly, comfortable, low-stress environment.
- Alivia's Durham Bistro • 900 W Main Street, Durham NC • 919-682-8978 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • American-style bistro in the Brightleaf Square district, serving weekend brunch, lunch, dinner and late night. We have the best patio in Durham!
- Elmo's Diner-Durham • 776 Ninth Street, Durham NC 27705 • 919-416-3823 • Website • Elmo's Diner is a locally owned and run family diner serving the entire Durham community. We serve breakfast all day, lots of great salads and sandwiches, and "square meals" with meats and veggies! Open 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. A local favorite!
- The Federal • 914 W Main Street, Durham NC • 919-680-8611 • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The Federal first opened in March 2004, after three guys got together and saw a need for a solid neighborhood bar that celebrated Durham. But not just any neighborhood bar, one that served simple but fantastic food, that would exceed expectations.
- Indulge Catering, LLC • 1101 W Chapel Hill St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-973-3069 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Indulge Catering is a Labor of Love. We are self-proclaimed "Foodies" who have a passion for cooking and strive to provide Unique, Fresh and Vibrant Food for our guest. We pride ourselves on providing meals that will satisfy your soul one bite at a time.
- James Joyce Irish Pub • 912 W Main Street, Durham NC • 919-683-3022 • Facebook • Durham's original Irish pub.
- Vin Rouge • 2010 Hillsborough Rd, Durham NC • 919-416-0406 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Product driven, traditional French bistro
- Whole Foods Market Durham • 621 Broad St, Durham NC • 919-286-2290 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Whole Foods Market Durham has been a well-known location for organic and natural foods and an active member of the local community since 1991. Whole Foods Market Durham prides itself on selling only the highest quality natural and organic foods.
ElderCare / Retirement
ElderCare / Retirement
- BeHome4Ever, Inc • 841 Baker Drive, Haw River NC 27258 • 336-578-5809 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • BeHome4Ever, Inc. offers cost effective caregiver solutions using "Universal Design and Access" home modifications, care management training and software, smart home automation and emergency response solutions. Free consultation provided.
- Move Elders with Ease • 1204 Village Market Place Box 193, Morrisville NC 27560 • 919-218-4783 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Considering a move to a senior living community? Feeling overwhelmed? We can help! Services include floor planning, downsizing, packing, overseeing movers, complete unpacking, home set-up & decorating. Local & long distance.
- Village Hearth Cohousing • 749 Ninth St #480, Durham NC 27705 • 561-714-8009 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Seeking members for senior Cohousing community for LGBTs, friends and allies. Energy-efficient, 1-story attached cottages plus Common House on 15 acres in north Durham. Mutual support and complete accessibility throughout for aging in place.
- Carolina Theatre of Durham • 309 W Morgan St Durham, NC 27701 • 919-560-3030 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn
- Vox Virorum Men's Chorus • [email protected] • Facebook • Twitter • Based in Durham, Vox Virorum is a men's choral ensemble emphasizing a traditional men's glee club repertoire, musical excellence and camaraderie. ALL men, age 18 and up, are invited to join.
- Marie Baker • Durham NC • 919-286-1222 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • I value trust, honesty and loyalty in life and my business. I am dedicated to helping my clients meet their financial goals.
- Cameron Financial • 231 Inwood Forest Drive, Raleigh NC 27603 • 919-439-0302 • [email protected] • Website • Certified Financial Planner. Investment Advisor for Cameron Advisors, LLC a registered investment advisory firm. Independent, unbiased, non-commissioned fee based advisory services. Concierge level service provided to our LGBTQ community!
- Triangle Financial Advisors • 2301 Rexwoods Dr Suite 100 Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-789-3098 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Lorraine Johnson, President, has over 20 years of experience serving the LGBT community--HER community. Financial planning, business financial planning; investment management; retirement strategies; life, long term care and disability insurance
- Sycamore Financial Planning, LLC • 4819 Emperor Blvd • 919-213-1737 • [email protected] • Website • Sycamore seeks to provide affordable, objective, high-quality financial advice to all who seek it. To make this vision a reality, the firm has adopted an hourly financial planning model that requires no minimum asset level or fees for its clients.
Free Legal / Tax Advice
Free Legal / Tax Advice
- Advocates for Children's Services - Legal Aid of NC • PO Box 2101, Durham NC 27702 • 866-219-5262 • Website • Legal Aid of North Carolina (LANC) is a nonprofit organization that provides free legal advice and representation to eligible low-income families in education cases, including denial of enrollment, unaddressed academic failure, unmet special education nee
- Duke Law Health Justice Clinic • 210 Science Drive, Box 90360, Durham NC 27708 • 919-613-7169 • [email protected] • Website • Offering free legal services for low income people living with HIV in legal matters including wills and powers of attorneys, disability, Medicaid, public benefits, health insurance, disability discrimination, and breach of confidentiality.
- Lambda Legal-North Carolina • 730 Peachtree Street NE Suite 640, Atlanta GA 30308-1210 • 404-897-1880 • Website • Facebook • Long standing non-profit legal organization serving and supporting the LGBT community on many human rights issues.
- Southern Poverty Law Center-LGBT • 400 Washington Ave, Montgomery AL 36104 • 888-414-7752 • Website • Facebook • Long standing non-profit providing hate crime monitoring and legal resources supporting human rights protections.
- Moshi Moshi Means Hello • 416 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill NC • 919-933-1272 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • At Moshi Moshi, we strive to create great hair tailored to the individual and keep a community driven environment that is unpretentious and honest! We also have a full time esthetician on staff for all skincare and waxing needs.
- Moshi Moshi Means Hello • 807 E. Main St, Durham NC • 919-564-1272 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • At Moshi Moshi, we strive to create great hair tailored to the individual and keep a community driven environment that is unpretentious and honest! Visit Moshi Moshi in Durham located in the Golden Belt complex. We also offer waxing services!
- Debbey Schaffner • 7304 Haymarket Ln, Raleigh NC 27615 • 919-291-9445 • Website • Skin Care Executive Consulting. Offering 4th largest premium skin care line in the US. Products for aging, enlarged pores, rosacea, sensitivity, brown/age spots, freckles, dullness, acne, as well as post acne marks.
- HopeLine, Inc • PO Box 10490, Raleigh NC 27605 • 919-231-4525 • Website • Facebook • Twitter • HopeLine offers free and confidential listening and referral information. Our mission is to support people and save lives during times of crisis through confidential conversations.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline • 800-273-8255 • Website • Reach someone 24 hours a day. Staffed by people of all ages and identities.
- Trans Lifeline • 877-565-8860 • Website • The first U.S. suicide hotline dedicated to transgender people. Trans Lifeline is entirely staffed by trans-identified volunteers ... "by trans people, for trans people"
- Trevor Project Lifeline • 866-488-7386 • Website • For LGBTQ youth (ages 24 and younger) contemplating suicide... Need a safe, non-judgmental place to talk? Call the Trevor Lifeline - it's free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also ask for help on TrevorChat or TrevorText.
- Wrenn House / Haven House Crisis Line • 919-832-7866 • Website • Wrenn House is the only homeless, runaway, crisis intervention program & 24 hour shelter for youth in the Triangle. They provide a safe, legal & responsible environment for youth who run away, who are homeless, or are otherwise in a crisis situation.
Home and Garden Services
Home and Garden Services
- Center Studio Architecture and Real Estate Development • 107 E Chapel Hill St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-688-2700 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Bad ass architects in downtown Durham.
Hotels / Bed and Breakfasts
Hotels / Bed and Breakfasts
- The King's Daughters Inn • 204 N. Buchanan Blvd, Durham NC 27701 • 919-354-7000 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • We offer the amenities of a first-class hotel with the intimacy of a B&B. Crafted faithfully from the building's existing layout, each guest room or suite has a unique configuration and distinct character. Modern history and Urban Elegance.
- The Mayton Inn • 301 South Academy St, Cary NC 27511 • 919-354-7000 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Opening Fall of 2015, The Mayton Inn will be a 45-room luxury boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Cary. Pamper yourself with triple-sheeted beds, port & chocolate and a tasty hot breakfast.
- Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast • 914 Vickers Avenue, Durham NC 27701 • 919-687-4366 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Intimate first-class accommodations within walking distance to dining, shopping and nightlife downtown Durham.
- TheLRoom • 107 West Geer Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-638-0050 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • TheLRoom is a 21st Century developing national brand. A group of inter-generational, ethnic, and gender diverse women realized that women need relaxing mini breaks from everyday physical and mental stress. Come for a few hours or a few days.
- Megan Bridges • 919-554-0267 • [email protected] • Providing knowledge and understanding of our community's insurance needs with an outstanding level of service. I am committed to helping individuals and families protect the things that matter most. Please contact me for a personalized quote.
- MDC • 307 West Main Street, Durham NC 27701-3215 • 919-381-5802 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • The Healthcare Navigators at MDC are federally funded to perform Marketplace outreach, education, and to provide free information and one-on-one enrollment assistance in a fair, accurate, and unbiased manner.
- Synergy Benefit Advisors Inc. • PO Box 386, Willow Spring NC 27592 • 919-510-5980 • [email protected] • Website • Local insurance agency with agents statewide able to help navigate the Health Insurance Marketplace and help determine if you qualify for insurance subsidies. We work with all the major insurance carriers in the state on and off the Marketplace.
Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts
Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts
- Goldworks • 201 S. Estes Dr. Suite D7, University Mall, Chapel Hill 27514 • 919-932-1771 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • We specialize in custom hand-crafted jewelry. We have a great selection of art glass, ceramics and crafts. We provide in original and unique styles to fit all tastes.
- Grimball Jewelers • 79 S. Elliott Road, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-929-2580 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • A Full-Service Jewelry Specialist in Chapel Hill since 1985. A trusted source for contemporary custom design and fine estate jewelry. Our staff includes congenial sales associates and seasoned gemologists as well as skilled custom jewelry designers.
- Hamilton Hill Jewelry • Brightleaf Square, 905 West Main Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-683-1474 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Hamilton Hill seeks out the best jewelry designers in the world, bringing you their clean lines and innovative modern classics. Let us open your eyes to design, materials, and looks you've never before considered.
- ACLU of North Carolina • PO Box 28004, Raleigh NC 27611 • 919-834-3466 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The ACLU of North Carolina is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to preserving the guarantees on individual liberty found in the Bill of Rights and the Federal/State Constitution through education and legal advocacy.
- Kelly Fairman • 5003 Southpark Drive Suite 260, Durham NC 27713 • 919-794-5963 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • An experienced family law attorney, defense of DWIs or felonies, experienced trial attorney in both family and criminal cases, and a certified mediator.
- Angela L. Haas, Haas & Associates, P.A. • 5540 McNeely Dr. Ste. 301, Raleigh NC 27612 • 919-783-9669 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • Supporting LGBT Clients for over decade regarding all family law issues, including custody, adoption, assisted reproduction, estate planning/administration and more...
- Sherry Honeycutt Everett, Attorney at Law • 120 E. Parrish Street Suite 210, Durham NC 27701 • 919-414-9491 • [email protected] • Provides legal services to survivors of domestic violence, stalking and sexual assault in Durham.
- Law Offices of Amy Whinery Osborne, PC • 919-913-5328 • Website • We provide elder law and estate planning, estate and trust administration, business representation, and collaborative family law.
- Law Office of Cheri Patrick • 100 E. Parrish St. Ste 400, Durham, NC 27701 • 919-956-7171 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Providing family law services to all of our families for over fifteen years. Marriage, Divorce, Adoption, Child Custody, Support Issues, Separation Agreements.
- Milan T. Pham, NicholsonPham, PLLC • 113 Broadway St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-883-4900 • [email protected] • Website • Law firm focusing on issues of stepparent adoption, adoption, surrogacy, estate planning, family law for the lgbtq community and allied communities.
- Raleigh Family Law, PLLC • 879 Washington Street, Raleigh NC 27605 • 919-821-2001 • [email protected] • Website • Adoptions, absolute divorce, assisted reproduction issues, child custody, child support, collaborative divorce, mediation, name changes, spousal support, premarital agreements, property division, separation agreements, and other family law issues
- Jennifer S. Tharrington, Haas & Associates, P.A. • 5540 McNeely Dr. Ste. 301, Raleigh NC 27612 • 919-783-9669 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Supporting LGBT Clients for over decade regarding all family law issues, including custody, adoption, assisted reproduction, estate planning and more...
- Sharon Thompson, NicholsonPham, PLLC • 113 Broadway St., Durham NC 27701 • 919-883-4900 • [email protected] • Website • Law firm focusing on issues of stepparent adoption, adoption, surrogacy, estate planning, family law for the lgbtq community and allied communities.
- Alliance of AIDS Services - Carolinas • 1637 Old Louisburg Road • 919-834-2437 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • We offer a variety of services focused specifically on meeting the needs of individuals living in our community with HIV. We provide counseling, case management, and nutritional services.
- Cory Annis, MD • 127-A Fidelity St, Carrboro NC 27510 • 919-914-9611 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Unorthodoc, the LGBTQ-friendly doctor's office built on the most precious real estate in health care -- the space between your eyes & your doctor's. Affordable primary care fully sustained by its members & different in all the right ways.
- Jessica Barnhill, MD • Chapel Hill Community Health Center, Piedmont Health Services, 1828 Martin Luther King Dr, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-951-7600 • Website • Services: Comprehensive Primary Care, Transgender Health Services and informed consent Hormone Replacement Therapy, STD & HIV Testing, PrEP. Insurance: Most private, Medicare, & Medicaid, and will see patients without insurance on sliding scale.
- Rebecca Cicale, Adult Nurse Practitioner • Siler City Community Health Center, Piedmont Health Services, 224 South 10th Avenue, Siler City NC 27344 • 919-663-1744 • Website • Services: Comprehensive Primary Care, Transgender Health Services and informed consent Hormone Replacement Therapy, STD & HIV Testing, PrEP. Insurance: Most private, Medicare, & Medicaid, and will see patients without insurance on sliding scale.
- Abigail Devries, MD • Carrboro Community Health Center, 301 Lloyd Street, Carrboro NC 27510 • 919-942-8741 • [email protected] • Website • Accepts all insurance including most private, Medicare, and Medicaid, will see patients without insurance on sliding scale basis. Comprehensive Primary Care, Informed consent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), STD Testing, HIV Testing, PrEP
- Rebecca Kooistra, Family Nurse Practitioner • Moncure Community Health Center, 7228 Moncure-Pittsboro Rd, Moncure, NC 27559 • 919-542-4991 • [email protected] • Website • Accepts all insurance including most private, Medicare, and Medicaid, and will see patients without insurance on sliding scale basis. Comprehensive Primary Care, Informed Consent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), STD Testing, HIV Testing, HIV PrEP
- Elaina Lee, MD • Family Care, PA, 1413 Carpenter Fletcher Rd, Durham NC 27713 • 919-544-6461 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Family Care, PA has been providing high quality primary care services in Durham, North Carolina since 1992.
- Mosaic Comprehensive Care • 1240 Environ Way, Chapel Hill NC 27517 • 919-240-7269 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Our practice is dedicated to creating a positive and welcoming medical home base where we offer a non-judgmental approach to care. We specialize in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Gynecology, Transgender Care, Eating Disorders, and Women's Health.
- Quang Pham, MD, MPH • 301 Lloyd St, Carrboro NC 27510-1821 • 919-933-8494 • [email protected] • Accepts insurance including most private, Medicare, and Medicaid, and will see patients without insurance on sliding scale basis. Comprehensive Primary Care, Informed Consent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), STD Testing, HIV Testing, HIV PrEP
- Jessica Rubio, Family Nurse Practitioner • Charles Drew Community Health Center, 221 North Graham-Hopedale Road, Burlington NC 27217 • 336-570-3739 • [email protected] • Website • Accepts all insurance including most private, Medicare, and Medicaid, will see patients without insurance on sliding scale basis. Comprehensive Primary Care, Informed consent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), STD Testing, HIV Testing, PrEP
- Sarada Schossow, PA-C • Family Care, PA, 1413 Carpenter Fletcher Rd, Durham NC 27713 • 919-544-6461 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Family Care, PA has been providing high quality primary care services in Durham, North Carolina since 1992.
- Erin Van Scoyoc, MD, MPH • 301 Lloyd St, Carrboro NC 27510-1821 • 919-933-8494 • [email protected] • Website • Accepts all insurance including most private, Medicare, and Medicaid, and will see patients without insurance on sliding scale basis. Comprehensive Primary Care, Informed Consent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), STD Testing, HIV Testing, PrEP
- Student Health Action Coalition HIV • 1301 Fayetteville Rd, Durham NC 27717 • 919-956-4000 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • Free rapid HIV testing, results in 20min. Offered through the UNC SHAC HIV organization at the Lincoln Community Health Center on Monday afternoons 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Destry Taylor, Family Nurse Practitioner • Lincoln Community Health Center, Primary Care Clinic at the DCoDPH, 414 E. Main St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-560-7785 • [email protected] • Website • Genderqueer, Queer Provider. Accepts all insurance including most private, Medicare, and Medicaid, will see patients without insurance on sliding scale basis. Primary Care, Informed consent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), STI/HIV Testing, PrEP
- Rupal Yu, MD • Carrboro Community Health Center, 301 Lloyd Street, Carrboro NC 27510 • 919-942-8741 • [email protected] • Website • Accepts all insurance including most private, Medicare, and Medicaid, will see patients without insurance on sliding scale basis. Comprehensive Primary Care, Informed consent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), STD Testing, HIV Testing, PrEP
- Sheffa Ariens • 919-335-3693 • [email protected] • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • Relationship Counseling for Polyamory and Ethical Non-Monogamy. I provide individual, couple, and group counseling for non-traditional relationships, including polyamory, ethical non-monogamy, kink, mixed orientation, and other creative structures.
- Tyler Beach, MSW, LCSW • 1320 Broad Street, Durham NC 27705 • 919-428-8901 • email@example.com • Website • Psychotherapy for Adults
- Holly Culton • 1829 E. Franklin St. Suite 1100-B, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-360-8099 • firstname.lastname@example.org • I am an out queer psychologist with an LGBTQ affirming approach and work with youth (all ages), adults and families. Areas of support include coming out, relationship issues, esteem, depression, anxiety, trauma, and gender identity.
- Tavi Hancock, LCSW • 2009 Chapel Hill Rd, Durham NC 27707 • 919-275-2216 • Website • Tavi is a queer, non-binary therapist who works with queer and trans clients of all ages. Tavi also provides training and consultation to area businesses, therapists, and social work schools.
- Amanda Hiemenz, MA, NCC, LPC • 1415 W NC Hwy 54 Suite 123, Durham NC 27707 • 919-808-2010 • email@example.com • Website • Individual, Family, and Couples Counseling and Psychotherapy for Adolescents and Adults (13 & up): mood disorders, relationship issues, sexual orientation, coping skills, adjustment to life transitions, separation and divorce, & parenting.
- Tammy Holcomb • 5001 S Miami Blvd Ste 325, Durham NC 27703 • 919-909-7959 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • I provide individual, group, and family therapy. My specialties include eating disorders, sexual abuse, domestic violence, and identity issues. I facilitate a free weekly support group for those who identify as transgender.
- Mignon Hooper • Namaste Psychotherapy & Consulting, 1005 Broad Street, Durham NC 27705 • 919-584-4005 • email@example.com • Website • LinkedIn • Namaste Psychotherapy & Consulting (NPC). Bilingual, bicultural therapist of color, LGBTQI affirmative/inclusive. NPC specializes in clinically innovative, culturally competent, linguistically appropriate services to individuals, couples, and families.
- Shelby Johnson, Ph.D. • 810 Iredell Street, Durham NC 27705 • 919-964-1268 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • I provide individual psychotherapy for adults and adolescents (15 and up). I work with LGBTQ individuals in an affirmative and supportive environment, and have 8 years of experience doing so.
- Katrina Kuzyszyn-Jones • KKJ Forensic and Psychological Services, 5317 Highgate Drive Suite 213, Durham NC 27713 • 919-493-1975 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • Katrina Kuzyszyn-Jones, Psy.D. has 15 years of clinical experience. She provides individual and couples counseling for relationships and work/life balance, divorce counseling, and evaluations for family law and criminal proceedings.
- Kenny Levine, LCSW • 1502 Highway 54 West Ste. 505, Durham NC 27707 • 919-475-3068 • Therapy@kennylevine.com • Website • I'm a gay male therapist, practicing in Durham since 2003. I work with diverse clients on a wide range of adult mental health issues, including LGBT parenting, trans issues, compulsive sexual behavior, internet addiction, & drug/alcohol issues.
- Jack McKinney, Ph.D. • TPC: Integrative Psychotherapy and Pastoral Counseling, 312 W Millbrook Road Suite 109, Raleigh NC 27609 • 919-845-9977 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Twitter • I work with LGBT individuals and couples. As a pastoral counselor, I see many LBGTQ clients who are struggling with the religious and family dynamics of living out of the closet. I have substantial experience with transgender clients.
- Molly Parks, Psy.D. • 817 Broad St, Durham NC 27705 • 919-937-8335 • email@example.com • Website • An LGBTQ friendly therapist on Broad St in Durham, working with a lot with trans and non-gender conforming individuals including young children and teens.
- Esther SwimWright Robie, LCSW • 115 N. Duke St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-695-7276 • Website • Provide individual and group psychotherapy primarily for adults, Particular passion for working with those going through life transitions and dealing with gender identity and sexual orientation issues. (Take BCBS, Cigna, Medicare)
- Maria Rodriguez-Fischer, LCSW • New Pathways Counseling and Coaching, PLLC, 3721-A University Dr, Durham NC 27707 • 919-401-8261 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Mental Health Services for children, adolescents, adults, couples, families. Areas addressed in therapy: depression, anxiety, relational problems, trauma, abuse, domestic violence, and many more issues.
- Phillip Shoe, MDiv, ThM, MA, NCC, LPCA • Trinitas Services, 1318 Broad Street, Durham NC 27707 • 919-578-2949 • email@example.com • Website • I offer services to individuals, families, and other social networks. The following are some of the areas my services include: Couples and Family Issues, Grief and Loss, Adjustment to Illness, Sexual Orientation, Spiritual Concerns.
- Kate Thieda, MS, LPCA, NCC • 6208 Fayetteville Road Suite 106, Durham NC 27713 • 919-408-7706 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • I am an openly lesbian psychotherapist who specializes in mood disorders, including depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder.
- Michelle Topal, MSW, LCSW • 5417 S Miami Blvd, Durham NC 27703 • 919-807-1454 • email@example.com • Website • I have been an out member of the LGBT community for over 30 years & devoted my career to serving my community. I'm here for teens, adults, parents, families & couples. I offer more than just an affirming approach. So call now to see how I can help.
- Kristin B. Webb, PsyD (Kristi) • 104 S. Estes Drive Suite 206, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-225-1569 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • My passion is for individual therapy with adults. People come to work with me on depression, anxiety, trauma, and substance abuse. Sometimes they have thoughts of suicide or have been hurting themselves. I have expertise in each of these areas.
- David Young Oh • 2009 Chapel Hill Road, Durham NC 27705 • 919-960-1396 • Daveyoungoh@gmail.com • Website • Counseling & Consultation Services. Builds counseling relationships that are nurturing, non-judgmental and warm. Specializes in the treatment of worry and anxiety, low self-esteem, career concerns, racial trauma, gender concerns & LGBTQ issues.
- Julie Russ • Homeside Financial, 7072 NC Hwy 751, Durham, NC 27707 • 919-605-0089 • email@example.com • Website • I provide consultative mortgage services to my clients and help navigate them through the process of buying or refinancing a home. With access to a large array of products and grant funds I can help find the right solution for most individuals.
- Campaign for Southern Equality • PO Box 364, Asheville NC 28802 • 828-242-1559 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The Campaign for Southern Equality works across the South for LGBT equality in employment, housing, healthcare and yes, marriage. Love will win.
- Equality NC • PO Box 28768, Raleigh NC 27611 • 919-829-0343 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Equality NC is dedicated to securing equal rights and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) North Carolinians. We lobby the North Carolina General Assembly and state and local governments, and provide public education.
- Log Cabin Republicans of North Carolina • PO Box 61096, Durham NC 27715-1096 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • The best way to stay connected is on our Meetup Group.
- NARAL Pro-Choice North Carolina • 4711 Hope Valley Rd Suite 401-509, Durham NC 27707 • 919-908-9321 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • NARAL Pro-Choice NC is a statewide organization that works exclusively to protect and advance the reproductive rights of all North Carolinians.
- Tim Hock Properties • 1208 N. Mangum Street, Durham NC 27701-1403 • 919-801-5151 • Tim@TimHock.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • A Full Service, Gay Owned, Gay Friendly Boutique Real Estate Brokerage Firm Specializing In Older Homes and New Construction Homes In ALL Wonderful Neighborhoods near Duke.
- Iron Homes Inspections • 17 Fielding Ct, Durham NC 27703 • 919-720-1530 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Gay Owned and operated home inspection company proudly serving all communities in the Triangle.
- Robert Joines • 4700 Homewood Ct Suite 200, Raleigh NC • 828-280-7235 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Happy to help you in any way we can for all of your real estate needs. New to the Triangle? Then look no further. My team will work tirelessly to make sure you find suitable housing and a great environment to grow in your new home!
- JoEllen Mason, Realtor • 921 Morreene Road, Durham NC 27705 • 919-452-4099 • JEM@JEMRealtor.com • Website • Facebook • Proudly serving the real estate needs of the Durham & Orange County LGBT community since 1994.
- Derek McManaman • Realtor - Fonville Morisey, 1520 E. Franklin Street, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-869-1157 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • I am a member of the LGBTQ community, and I would love to assist you in finding your dream home, or selling your current home. Please feel free to contact me at any time!
- Kyle Miller • 3104 Croasdaile Drive, Durham, NC 27705 • 919-416-2291 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Gay Realtor in Durham. My goal is to help your dreams of home ownership come true without worry of discrimination or judgment. I would be proud to help anyone in our community.
- O'Neal & Associates • 919-802-4488 • firstname.lastname@example.org • LinkedIn • 15 years in real estate, representing both buyers and sellers. "Putting My Clients First"
- Debbey Wade Schaffner • Website • I am part of an open amazing team helping clients buy homes all over the triangle 22 years in real estate. I represent both buyers and sellers. I am here for you call me! Let Our "Dream Team" Work For You!
- Michael Sullivan • 4100 Five Oaks Drive Unit 22, Durham NC 27707 • 919-608-2372 • Michael@TeamMichaelSullivan.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Gay Realtor associated with Fonville Morisey Realty. 23 years market experience in the Triangle. Specialize in sales and leasing.
- Michael Turnage • The Property Shop of the Carolinas LLC, 5900 Oleander Dr, Wilmington NC 28403 • 919-412-9269 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • I work with buyers and sellers in the Coastal Wilmington area. Feel free to contact me for assistance in this area.
- Emily Wade, Real Estate Broker • 501 Realty, 308 W. Main Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-530-9720 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • LinkedIn • Honored to be a part of the LGBTQ community in the Triangle, and would love to help you with your buying and/or selling real estate needs.
- Beth El Synagogue • 1004 Watts Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-682-1238 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Vibrant & diverse pluralistic membership. Egalitarian Conservative congregation with an Orthodox Kehillah. Other alternative services sometimes offered include healing yoga, meditation, Egalitarian Orthodox, children's, & feminist minyanim.
- Binkley Baptist Church • 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-942-4964 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Binkley Baptist Church is a community of faith on a journey that calls for questioning, humility and conviction. As followers of Jesus, we embrace spiritual growth, mutual care and service, assured that as we serve our neighbors, we also serve God.
- Calvary United Methodist Church • 304 E Trinity Ave, Durham NC • 919-688-7138 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Calvary UMC was the first Reconciling Congregation in the Carolinas. We've been called to blaze a pathway to grace, to offer God's love to all, and to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Join us on Sundays - Morning Prayer: 10:30am Worship: 11:00am
- Emmaus Way • 916 Lamond Ave, Durham NC 27701 • Website • Facebook • Emmaus Way is a missional, hospitable, open, affirming, and theologically diverse community. We are captivated by the Gospel and rooted in the Open Table. We welcome all.
- Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) • 4907 Garrett Rd., Durham NC 27707 • 919-489-2575 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • The mission of ERUUF is to transform lives by building a free and inclusive covenantal religious community of spirit, service, justice and love. All are welcome!
- The Episcopal Church of the Advocate • 8410 Merin Road, Chapel Hill NC 27516 • 919-219-4437 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • At the Episcopal Church of the Advocate, tradition, liturgy and reason meet compassion, justice and transformation. We welcome people from every kind of household, at every stage of life and faith and doubt.
- Hillsborough United Church (UCC) • 200 Davis Road, Hillsborough NC • 919-732-9183 • Hucc@hucc.org • Website • A progressive,inclusive,creative,caring, and kid-friendly faith community for all people
- Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church • 2723 Clark Avenue Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-828-1687 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • All are welcome, whatever your age, race, identities, orientation, or status. Come for worship built on traditional Lutheran liturgy with communion, faith education for all ages, social outreach, and fellowship.
- Imani MCC of Durham • Physical Location: 3602 C-View Street, Durham NC • ChurchAdmin@ImaniMCC.org • Website • Facebook • Imani MCC of Durham - a church where, through faith, all can experience and express God's irresistible love through worship, word, oneness, wonder and witness. Mailing address: PO Box 13172, Durham NC 27709-3172.
- Judea Reform Congregation • 1933 W Cornwallis Rd, Durham NC 27705 • 919-489-7062 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Judea Reform is an inclusive reform synagogue primarily serving Durham and Chapel Hill. Our cherished values and traditions include: lifelong learning, social justice, worship, celebration, community, connection to Israel, and meaningful lives.
- Pilgrim United Church of Christ • 3011 Academy Rd, Durham NC 27707 • 919-489-1381 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • We are an Open & Affirming church welcoming ALL regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, social or economic status, physical or mental abilities. Join us in community ministry & in worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30.
- Raleigh Friends Meeting (Quakers) • 625 Tower St., Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-821-4414 • email@example.com • Website • Raleigh Friends Meeting is a non-pastoral Quaker community which invites & welcomes all seekers of the Truth without regard to race, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We worship in silence, waiting upon the Spirit for its expression.
- Saint Joseph's Episcopal Church • 1902 West Main Street, Durham NC 27705 • 919-286-1064 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Our church is a place of warm hospitality to all.
- St. Philip's Episcopal Church • 403 E. Main St., Durham NC 27701 • 919-682-5708 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Sharing the love of Christ with Durham and the world through worship and service, we welcome individuals of every race, nationality, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation, and economic circumstance to participate fully in the life of the Church.
- Temple Beth Or • 5315 Creedmoor Rd, Raleigh NC 27612 • 919-781-4895 • RabbiDinner@gmail.com • Website • Facebook • Reform Jewish congregation, embracing diverse individuals and families, working to build a community reflective of God's presence in humanity.
- Triangle Insight Meditation Community • Episcopal Center at Duke, 505 Alexander Ave, Durham NC 27705 • 919-383-0179 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Our mission is to support the practice of insight meditation and the teachings of the Buddha. Our goal is to reduce suffering end all discrimination based on race, religion, socio-economic status, gender, disability, and sexual orientation.
- Umstead Park UCC • 8208 Brownleigh Drive, Raleigh NC 27617 • 919-844-6661 • email@example.com • Website • A Thoughtful and Progressive Community of Faith. An Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ.
- United Church of Chapel Hill (UCC) • 1321 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-942-3540 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • United Church of Chapel Hill is an Open & Affirming, justice seeking, progressive congregation of the United Church of Christ with full programs for children, youth and adults. Sunday worship is at 8:45, 11:00 and 11:15 (in Spanish).
- Unity Center of Peace • 8800 Seawell School Rd., Chapel Hill • 919-968-1854 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Unity Center of Peace is a positive path for spiritual living. We are a loving, empowering and inclusive spiritual community, that is part of the New Thought movement and envision the Divine Light Awakening in all!
- Watts Street Baptist Church • 800 Watts St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-688-1366 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Watts Street Baptist Church is a progressive, inclusive, ecumenical, welcoming and affirming congregation uniting prayer, learning, and social justice in the context of a vibrant community.
- Flowers by Gary • 4914 N Roxboro Street, Durham NC 27704 • 919-471-1566 • MichaelFlowersbyGary@gmail.com • Website • Facebook • Offering custom, one of a kind designed arrangements and events, backed by exemplary customer service that is friendly and prompt, Gary & Michael Corsi-OConnor have made a name for themselves as one of Durham's top retail/wedding florists.
- Judy Long at Mark Jacobson Toyota • Mark Jacobson Toyota, 4516 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd, Durham NC • 919-695-2045 • email@example.com • Website • LGBTQ Auto Salesperson who will help the LGBTQ community buy new and pre-owned cars in a friendly and supportive environment!
- Quail Ridge Books & Music • Ridgewood Shopping Center, 3522 Wade Avenue, Raleigh NC 27607 • 919-828-1588 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Raleigh's independent, full-service bookstore, with regular author visits, and a selection of LGBTQ books.
- The Regulator Bookshop • 720 Ninth St., Durham NC 27705 • 919-286-2700 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Durham's Extremely Independent Community Bookstore. Famous (and infamous!) since 1976.
- Bull City Running Co. • Southpoint Crossing, 202 W NC Highway 54 Suite 201, Durham NC 27713 • 919-265-3904 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Bull City Running Co. is the premier technical running and walking store in the Durham area. We are dedicated to building a community of runners and walkers by creating a fun, informative, and inspiring place for people pursuing their fitness goals.
- Durham Rainbow Bowling League • 919-418-8383 • DurhamRainbowBowling@gmail.com • GLBT bowling league bowls at the AMF Durham Lanes on 15/501 on Tuesdays starting at 6:30 pm. 13 week seasons for fall and winter. $13 per week fee. 3 bowler teams. Join us for fall 2015.
- North Carolina Softball League • 1702 Hemlock Hill Drive, Durham NC 27703 • 919-561-3358 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • The North Carolina Softball League was organized in 2013 to promote a friendly, competitive and emotionally safe environment for LGBT in Raleigh and its surrounding areas to participate in the sport of softball.
- Stonewall Kickball Raleigh • Raleigh • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Stonewall Kickball-Raleigh is an LGBTQ & Ally not for profit sports league. We strive to develop a well-connected and diverse community through organized competition and social or fundraising events.
- Triangle Front Runners • Durham NC • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • LGBTQ running group serving the Durham and greater Triangle area.
To be listed in the Tax Preparers category, please submit a Community Resources Listing request.
- Chapel Hill Primary Care • 55 Vilcom Center Drive Suite 110, Chapel Hill NC 27514 • 919-929-7990 • Website • Facebook • Dr. Nzingha White is a board-certified family medicine physician who takes a whole-person approach to health care. Her special interests include preventive medicine, minority and LGBT health. Dr. White is also proficient in Spanish.
- Durham Gender Alliance • 919-399-5096 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Durham Gender Alliance is an online gender-issues support group, whose local members meet once a month on the third Saturday. Email for access to listserve and Facebook page.
- The Freedom Center for Social Justice • 4921 Albemarle Rd. Suite 201, Charlotte NC 28205 • 980-729-8454 • email@example.com • Website • Twitter • Founded in 2009, we are committed to providing essential support and advocacy for trans* people, elders, people of color, youth, sexual minorities and communities of faith and facilitating dialogue that opens doors, offers hope, and saves lives.
- Timothy Gordon, Ph.D. • 4102 Ben Franklin Blvd, Durham NC 27704 • 919-972-7700 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • I am an LGBT-affirming Licensed Psychologist that specialitizes in individal and couples therapy. I work with a wide range of concerns and have been an active part in numerous trans-identified client's transition process.
- Meredith Hancock, LCSW • 1005 Broad St, Durham NC 27705 • 919-275-2216 • Website • My private therapy practice is informed by compassion, dedication, and an anti-oppression lens. I see adolescents, young adults, older adults, and some couples and children to assist in the journey towards health and contentment. Some specialties include
- Tavi Hancock, LCSW • 2009 Chapel Hill Rd, Durham NC 27707 • 919-275-2216 • Website • Tavi is a non-binary therapist who works primarily with trans and gender non-conforming individuals of all ages. Tavi also offers DBT Skills Training class for trans and gender non-conforming people ages 15 and up.
- Kuan Yin • email@example.com • Website • Triangle-area transgender-only syringe exchange program. Free IM syringes, injection supplies, hormone + silicone injection education, overdose prevention and naloxone access, and safer sex supplies, including the internal/female condom.
- MyDoorSign all-gender restroom signs • 300 Cadman Plaza West Suite 1303, Brooklyn NY 11201 • 718-797-1900 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Your organization may be eligible for free all-gender restroom signs. For details, please contact Katelyn, our Community Manager, at email@example.com
- Eli Ogburn, LCSW • 1005 Broad St. Durham NC 27705 • 919-322-9355 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Trans-identified therapist specializing with trans, gender nonconforming, and all members of the LGBTQ community. Modalities include DBT and EMDR for trauma, anxiety, and managing difficult emotions.
- Trans Discussion Group • Internationalist Books, 101 Lloyd Street, Carrboro • 919-370-0671 • email@example.com • Trans Discussion Group meets two Wednesdays a month at 8pm. The 1st Wed. of the month is open to anyone, and the 3rd Wed. is only for folks who identify as transgender/gender-nonconforming/genderqueer.
- David Young Oh • 2009 Chapel Hill Road, Durham NC 27707 • 919-960-1396 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Using a model of wellness and resilience, I build counseling relationships that are nurturing, non-judgmental and warm. I am a clinical counselor specializing in the treatment of worry and anxiety, low self-esteem, and LGB, Trans and Queer issues.
- Elsewhere Travel Co • Carthage NC • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Unique travel opportunities for the LGBTQI community and our allies. Culturally focused trips organized and led by anthropologists allow you to travel differently, seeing things others only dreamed about. Explore off the beaten path.
Veterinarians / Pet Services
Veterinarians / Pet Services
- Blind Cat Rescue • 3101 E Great Marsh Church Rd, St Pauls NC 28384 • 910-850-0009 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Blind Cat Rescue is a lifetime care sanctuary for blind, FIV+ and Leukemia positive cats. They hope you will come visit and play with the cats.
- Broadway Veterinary Hospital • 205 Broadway Street, Durham NC 27701 • 919-973-0292 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • We are a small animal hospital providing veterinary care to dogs and cats within the Durham area. We provide preventative care services, basic surgery, dental cleanings, hospitalization, and boarding.
- Holly Springs Veterinary Hospital • 1050 North Main Street, Holly Springs NC 27540 • 919-567-1775 • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Welcome to Holly Springs Veterinary Hospital. We are a full service veterinary medical facility that provides comprehensive companion animal healthcare. We believe in a partnership between you, our veterinarians, and your pet.
- North Paw Animal Hospital • 5106 Guess Road, Durham NC 27712 • 919-471-1471 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • We are a full-service hospital offering preventative care, wellness plans, medical, surgical, dental, radiology, laboratory, boarding, and grooming services. We use low stress handling techniques and are a certified AAFP Cat Friendly Hospital.
Wedding and Marriage Services
Wedding and Marriage Services
- Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast • 914 Vickers Avenue, Durham, NC • 919-687-4366 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Colonial Revival Styled Inn moments away from downtown Durham, perfect for your intimate wedding and reception.
- Rev. Bonnie J. Berger • Chapel Hill • 919-869-7425 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • I am an openly gay Interfaith Minister ready to assist you in creating the ceremony that speaks to your special love. Having officiated over 700 ceremonies--incl the very first same sex wedding in Washington, DC--it is my honor to be of service.
- Brett Fox Photography • 106 N Driver St, Durham NC • 919-410-7277 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • We are Wedding and Portrait Photographers in Durham, NC. We are proud to serve the LGBTQ community and are thankful to live in a state that now recognizes the marriages of all persons. We are offering a 10% discount for any LGBTQ clients in 2015/16.
- Celestial Ceremonies • 925 Alabama Avenue, Durham NC 27705 • 434-572-7436 • FatherChristopher@CelestialCeremonies.org • Website • Facebook • offering a uniquely personalized and all-inclusive interfaith wedding ministry. Whether it is your first or second marriage, an interfaith celebration or a same-sex union, let me help you craft the perfect day and create a "forever" memory.
- Chelsea Mehalek Photography • 105 Fidelity St, Carrboro NC 27510 • 919-698-0877 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Facebook • I am a freelance photographer out of Carrboro, NC. I am a local lesbian thats passion is to capture love! I love being able to capture moments that will last for a lifetime.
- Doyle's Vineyard • 8913 NC Hwy 751, Durham NC 27713 • 919-316-1903 • Kristin@doylesvineyard.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter
- Heart 2 Heart Ceremonies • 2401 Old Milburnie Rd, Raleigh NC 27604 • 919-373-4267 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Providing LGBT wedding ceremonies. Passionate about serving the community & providing the loving wedding ceremony you desire.
- Hello Tenfold • 401 W Geer St Ste A, Durham NC • 919-830-7347 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Hello Tenfold is a locally-owned stationery shop with a focus on beautiful, unique wedding invitations/announcements for all & excellent customer service. Ask about our "Love Wins" sale and receive 40% off for same-sex couples through 2014.
- Indulge Catering, LLC • 1101 W Chapel Hill St, Durham NC 27701 • 919-973-3069 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Indulge Catering is a Labor of Love. We are self-proclaimed "Foodies" who have a passion for cooking and strive to provide Unique, Fresh and Vibrant Food for our guest. We pride ourselves on providing meals that will satisfy your soul one bite at a time.
- The King's Daughters Inn • 204 N. Buchanan Blvd, Durham NC 27701-2009 • 919-354-7000 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • The King's Daughters Inn has created an intimate atmosphere in one of the most historic and enchanting areas of the Bull City. It is a perfect setting to celebrate life, love and your happily ever after.
- Lez Get Married • Durham, NC • 505-304-4698 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • We are a lesbian couple who work as LGBTQ wedding and event planners based in the Durham/Raleigh area.
- The Matthews House • 317 W. Chatham St., Cary NC • 919-467-1944 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • The Matthews House is an historic home located in a picturesque setting on Cary's historic Chatham Street. Perfect for weddings and receptions of all sizes. We offer onsite catering and an in-house bakery.
- MAYDNEW • 2245 Charlotte St Durham • 919-768-3088 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • MAYDNEW is the only triangle-area DJ and event planning company dedicated to the gay community. We provide entertainment and coordination for commitment ceremonies, weddings, private parties, and more!
- The Mayton Inn • 301 South Academy St, Cary NC 27511 • 919-354-7000 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Thank you for considering The Mayton for your special day! Whether you're looking for an intimate gathering of your closest friends & family or an extravagant affair for up to 400, we strive to create a beautiful, memorable event.
- Reverend Ann McKenzie • 112 Boldleaf Ct, Cary NC 27513 • 919-920-0569 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Unique and inspired rituals that unite you and your loved one. I encourage you to explore your heart for the type of ceremony that will embrace the essence of your commitment to be witnessed by your friends and family. Spiritual, heartfelt & fun!
- Purple Lens Photography • Raleigh NC • 413-342-9651 • PLP61114@gmail.com • Facebook • Purple Lens Photography was created from a vision my wife and I had after the birth of our son. We are proud to represent the LGBT community and provide an affordable way to capture the moments that matter. Ask us about how to get a free gift!
- Randy Taylor Weddings • Durham NC • 919-745-7649 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Professional wedding officiant / minister. I service weddings throughout North Carolina and specialize in officiating personalized wedding ceremonies. I honor the commitment made by all couples and faith traditions.
- Ravinder Takrar • Cary NC • 919-523-4254 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Life is full of so many moments that all of us wish to cherish and I want to preserve your timeless memories for a lifetime with photography and Videography! Will feel privileged to capture your precious moments at ceremony.
- 1005 Wellness Center • 1005 Broad Street, Durham NC 27701 • Website • This center is comprised of healers of various gender & sexual identities, as well as racial identities who provide a number of wellness options in an LGBTQ affirming environment. They invite the community to bring all aspects of themselves into the space
- Alamance Cares • 3025 S Church Street, Burlington NC 27216 • 336-538-8111 • Website • We serve everyone! We offer free HIV, Hepatitis C and Syphilis testing. We have walk-in HIV testing hours every Tuesday 11am-3pm and the 3rd Friday of every month 5pm-7:30pm. Call us to schedule an appointment for Hepatitis C and Syphilis testing.
- Mary E. Harwood, MEd., PCC • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Personal professional life coaching for individuals, couples, or families of LGBTQ.
- Kezia Renee Lechner • 75 Woodside Trail, Chapel Hill NC 27517 • 919-929-8749 • email@example.com • Website • Heart of a Healer - Kezia Renee is an Intuitive Life Coach and Reiki Master. She works with young adults and older adults, helping them move into lives of greater fulfillment and joy.
- Rebecca Manitsas, PhD, LMBT • 5501 Fortune's Ridge Drive Suite P, Durham NC 27713 • 919-824-6838 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • I have been a massage therapist in the Durham community for 12 years. I specialize in medical massage which helps people in pain from injury or disfunction relearn their balance in a safe environment.
- Jamie Rincker • 2805 Butner St, Durham NC 27704 • 406-360-3996 • email@example.com • Facebook • I am a licensed dietitian nutritionist and want to offer nutrition consultations to my local LGBTQ community. Please call or email and we can meet up to talk about your nutrition.
- Fr. Christopher Ross • 925 Alabama Avenue, Durham NC 27705 • 434-572-7436 • firstname.lastname@example.org • As an ordained Independent (non-Roman) Catholic priest, I work as a hospital chaplain and spiritual director. I am also a meditation teacher and certified Reiki Master. I welcome the opportunity to serve in any or all of these roles.
- Megan Rowell Massage Therapy • 1312 Broad Street, Durham NC 27705 • 423-360-3521 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • I am a licensed massage therapist who has an explicitly queer-affirming practice. I am comfortable with conversation and bodywork that acknowledges the importance of one's identity in relation to gender and sexuality.
- Skyclad Yoga of the Triangle • Website • Skyclad Yoga of the Triangle was established to provide a good space for men to practice naked yoga. We're looking to build community and peace among men. Guys from all walks of life are welcome. See Meetup link for information and sign-up.
- Sojourn Life Coaching • 6320 Bradshaw Quarry Road, Efland NC 27243 • 919-619-2743 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Mary is a Certified Presence-Based Life Coach, a Registered Polarity Therapist, and a life-long educator. Mary's private practice, Sojourn Life Coaching, includes working with young adults and adults on a variety of life, spiritual, and career issues.
- Molly Sweetser • Durham NC • email@example.com • Molly Sweetser - Western and Energetic Herbalist: My work is rooted in a commitment to collective struggle and liberation, the transformative power of plants, the innate knowledge of the body, and the possibility for all of us to be our own healers.
- elliott turnbull • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • elliott turnbull of Landing Bird Yoga offers support for whole-hearted mindful embodiment, with a gentle genderqueer guide who both follows and broadens your capacity for change and acceptance.
- UNC Fertility • 7920 ACC Blvd, Raleigh NC 27617 • 919-908-0000 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • We welcome the opportunity to help you to realize your dream of parenthood. Our physicians are experienced at overcoming the unique fertility challenges that gay and lesbian couples face and will provide a personalized treatment plan.
- Whole Person Wellness Center • 8800 Seawell School Rd., Chapel Hill NC 27516 • 919-869-1774 • Website • Facebook • Stop Surviving, Start Thriving! The Whole Person Wellness Center supports your spiritual, emotional, and physical vitality and balance with uniquely positive and inclusive strategies for creating the deeply satisfying life you desire.
- Friendly, Loving Support • 1012 Oberlin Road, Raleigh NC 27605 • 919-833-1117 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Friendly, Loving Support (FLS) is a group for LGBTQIA youth with disabilities. We are fully accessible to any type of disability and meet twice a month the 2nd and 4th Wednesday (unless stated otherwise). Contact us for more info!
- Haven House / Wrenn House • 908 W. Morgan Street, Raleigh NC 27603 • 919-832-7866 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • LinkedIn • Wrenn House is the only homeless, runaway and crisis intervention program and shelter for youth in the Triangle. Wrenn House provides immediate intervention and short term shelter 24/7 for youths ages 10-17. 908 W. Morgan Street, Raleigh NC 27603
- InsideOut180 • 1303 Clarendon St, Durham NC • 919-923-7884 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Insideout is a youth-founded and youth-led organization that aims to network and mobilize the queer youth movement in the Triangle. We bring together GSAs/QSAs, run workshops, and hold amazing events like Queernival. Join us!
- Queer Oriented Rap/Rock Day School • 1005 Broad Street, Durham, NC 27705 • 503-680-0763 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • This is a week-long overnight summer camp for queer/trans youth or youth of LGBTQ families, with special focus on youth in the South. Young people ages 12-17 form bands and write songs to perform at the end of the week. They also attend workshops on issue
- Safe Schools NC • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Safe Schools NC supports LGBTQ students, teachers, and families. We provide confidential advice on bullying and harassment, talk to student groups, and train teachers on creating safe classrooms.
- Ad Spice Promotional Marketing • 717 Broad St, Durham NC 27705 • 919-286-7110 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • We are a full-service screen-printing, embroidery, and promotional products firm. We specialize in helping you engage your target market using well-designed, high-quality promotional products made with respect for our planet.
- ExcelLase, Laser Skin & Body Care • 614 West Peace Street, Raleigh NC 27605 • 919-833-8484 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • Facebook • Twitter • Over ten years of laser skin services and body sculpting in a friendly and non judgmental office. Using latest FDA approved lasers. Acne & surgical scars, hair, vein, tattoo, sunspots removal. Cool sculpting , permanent fat removal w/no down time.
- Elizabeth M. Johnson • 1200 Broad St, Durham NC 27705 • 919-237-2370 • email@example.com • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • I offer free, peer-led support groups for survivors of abuse as well as professional trainings to help people understand how past abuse affects heath and wellness.
- Move With Ease • 1204 Village Market Place Box 193, Morrisville, NC 27560 • Susan@MoveWithEase.net • Website • Facebook • Twitter • LinkedIn • Whether you are moving or just getting organized, we can help! Services offered include - floor planning, downsizing, packing, overseeing movers, complete unpacking & setting up your new home. We even hang artwork & make it beautiful!
- Nathanson Adoption Services • 919-844-5212 • Helene@NathansonAdopt.com • Website • We offer adoption consultation, referral, and homestudy services to the LGBTQ community. With social workers in Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, and Wake Forest, we can work with folks in any NC location.
- Queen Bee Party Rentals • 8913 NC Hwy 751, Durham,NC 27713 • 919-907-0233 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Website • We are a full service rental company. We have everything you need for any event. Tents, tables chairs, linens, dance floor, bounce houses, luxury restrooms. If you need it we have it or can get it!